Weight Loss Facts
Study these weight loss facts and always be aware of them. Some
people fail to lose weight on a vegan diet because they are
not aware of these facts.
Weight Loss Facts
To lose weight, you must burn more calories
than you take in. It is nearly impossible to do this with exercise
alone. You must change the foods that you eat.
Calorie density is the key to choosing good
weight loss foods. Foods
with a low calorie density are the high fiber, low fat, whole plant
- Eating a salad or some soup before a meal
reduces the number of
calories eaten at the meal. Eat salad and/or soup as often as possible.
- Colorful foods like leafy greens, vegetables,
beans, and fruit are
nutrient-dense. High nutrient foods satisfy your hunger.
- Eating on small or medium-sized plates fools
your brain into thinking you have had a full plate of food. Try it!
- Eating slowly and chewing your food well gives
your brain time to understand how much food you have eaten. It is also
better for your digestion.
- Foods that are high in fat, salt, and sugar are
They stimulate the pleasure centers of our brain and make us crave more
rich food. It is better to avoid these foods completely than to try to
eat small portions of them.
- Rich foods are too tempting for most people. If
possible, do not
keep them in your house at all. If other family members want them,
insist that these foods be kept out of your sight.
- Alcohol lowers inhibitions and makes you more
likely to eat the wrong foods.
- The calories in beverages do not satisfy
hunger. This includes
fruit juices and smoothies. Eat your fruit whole. Don't blend it or
- Diet sodas may stimulate hunger. Drink only
water, tea, or a coffee substitute like Teeccino.
diet is the most important factor in weight loss, daily exercise will
give you results faster. And it is important for good health.